BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 14, 2010

"I am like Tinker Bell, I need the applause to LIVE"!

So, I have decided that the perfect quote for me is..."I am like Tinker Bell, I need to applause to LIVE". When I heard that on GLEE, I'd about died. That is perfect for me! As a child, the choir/GLEE club and drama club was never encouraged. So, I never pursued it b/c I always doubted myself. The one thing that I did fall in love with was the Applause. It made me come alive. So, here is a update. A few months ago, I decided to join Sweet Adelines. Why? I need an outlet. The best outlet that I have loved is Singing. My other passion (currently) is photography, but I am still new to the game. A while back, I went to visit my best friend over the XMAS holidays. She introduced me to this awesome show called "The Sing Off". I knew then that this is my calling...join a Sweet Adeline group. I had called them before I left for the holidays, but know one called me back. When I saw the show on TV, I knew I needed to pursue it. My first meeting was January. I was a little intimidated b/c everyone was much older than me....a lot older :). The minute I heard them sing, I had goosebumps. This group needs young blood to spice up the place :). These women accepted me...like all of me from day one. They thanked me for a month for walking in their doors and into their hearts. They gave me a sht load of music along with the competition ballads to memorize. After many weeks of rehearsal, we just had our Region 17 competition. We won 3rd place for small chorus. Our sister group won 1st place for medium chorus. It was amazing! I am so proud of everyone! The Pride of Toledo will be competing for international in Houston, Tx next year. The best part is they invited me/want me to join their group. Their choir director has asked my choir director to join. My choir director is a bit nervous b/c she is afraid that she is going to lose me to their group. I wouldn't do that to the group. I practically live, eat, and breath for this group...However, I am thinking about becoming a duel member. I think it would be awesome to compete in Houston...I do feel guilty about giving my wonderful hubby extra responsibilities. Plus, I have a feeling it would be temporary. If we have another baby, I would have to drop down to one choir...There is so much to think about! I should give it a shot while I have the chance...Hmmmm Think, Think, Think...

0 comments: